**Thanks for a great season! We hope to see you again next summer!**
Information About the 2021 Season
In order to comply with CDC guidelines and provide a safe environment at the pool, the 2021 swim season will be open to Robinson Township residents only. Upon purchase of season passes or daily walk-ins, residents will be asked to show proof of residency-via Drivers ID or PA State ID-to front desk staff. This policy will be strictly enforced. Prices for season passes and daily walk-in rates will remain the same.
In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our patrons, the pool will not be available for parties during the 2021 swim season. We hope to resume having pool parties next year.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Lounge chairs will be available to the public.
Directions to the Pool
Robinson Township’s community swimming pool (Clever Park Pool) is located inside Clever Park at 115 Robinson Pool Drive, McKees Rocks, PA 15136. Click HERE for directions.
Hours and Dates of Operation
Hours (Effective 6/23/2021)
Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday – Saturday: 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Clever Park Pool will be closed on Mondays for the remainder of the 2021 season
Due to continued issues with finding and retaining lifeguards, Robinson Township will be forced to adjust the operating hours at Clever Park Pool for the remainder of the 2021 season. Within the last two days, it was brought to our attention by our pool management company that we continue to have problems finding lifeguards and Certified Pool Operators. Ensuring residents’ safety is our primary goal, and unfortunately these scheduling changes are necessary in order to maintain a safe and comfortable environment at the pool. We regret that this decision had to be made on such short notice, but these issues have only gotten worse in recent weeks.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Below are the adjusted hours for the remainder of the 2021 season.
- Wednesday, June 23 through Sunday, June 27: Open from Noon until 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 29 through Saturday, July 3: Open from Noon until 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, July 4: Open from Noon until 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, July 5 through Saturday, July 31: Open from Noon until 6:00 p.m. (Closed on Mondays)
- Sunday, August 1 through Sunday, August 22: Open from Noon until 6:00 p.m. (Closed on Mondays)
- Tuesday, August 24 and Wednesday, August 25: Open from Noon until 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 26 and Friday, August 27: Closed due to start of school year at Montour
- Saturday, August 28 and Sunday, August 29: Open from Noon until 6:00 p.m.
- Labor Day Weekend (Friday, September 4 through Monday, September 6): Open from Noon until 6:00 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: If the outside ambient temperature is less than 68 degrees, the pool will not open for the day. Additionally, if no patrons have arrived at the pool by 1:00 PM due to weather, the pool will close for the day.
Passes for the 2021 season will be sold at Clever Park Pool ONLY.
Robinson Township Residents ONLY:
At Clever Park Pool: Saturday May 15th and Saturday May 22nd, from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Proof of residency (i.e. Pennsylvania driver’s license) is required when purchasing passes, lessons, or classes in order to obtain the resident rate. No exceptions allowed.
Season passes purchased during the pre-season registration period (days indicated above during the month of May) are priced at a 10% discount of the June price. Please see the charts below for season pass pricing.
All passes are valid from the time of purchase until the pool closes for the season. So come, splash, and enjoy!
|2021 Pool Pass Prices for Robinson Residents
Proof of Residency Required
Credit/Debit Cards Accepted
|Family of 2||$108||$120||$100||$50|
|Family of 3||$126||$140||$120||$60|
|Family of 4||$144||$160||$140||$70|
|Family of 5||$162||$180||$160||$80|
|Family over 5 – add $10 per additional person
Daily Walk-In Rate for Residents – $5 a day
Senior Season Pass for Resident Senior Citizen (62+): $5
Children ages 2 and under are FREE.
A Note from Pool Management
Lessons are now being scheduled by the pool management company Jeff Ellis Management, which supervises our pool lifeguards. Sign-ups for all swim lessons will be completed via an online portal on the Jeff Ellis website.
If you have questions regarding which lessons are appropriate for your child, staff members from Jeff Ellis and/or lifeguards are able to provide guidance at Clever Park Pool. If you need assistance in purchasing swim lessons online, supervisor-level pool staff members will also be available to help.
Questions about specific details of swim lessons should be directed to Jeff Ellis pool management staff members. The Township administrative office can attempt to answer more general questions but may need to consult with Jeff Ellis staff to convey the most accurate information.
Please note that the descriptions and session times for each level and type of swim lesson may be different compared to previous years. Descriptions provided by Jeff Ellis for regular swim lessons and preschool + parent (“Mommy & Me”) sessions can can be found below. Diving lessons and water aerobics classes are still being offered as well (see Jeff Ellis website linked above). Session times for each lesson are listed on the sign-up portal.
Any cancellation requesting a refund for any reason will result in a $10 fee.
Water Exploration & Safety
Ages 1 – 2
This class is an introduction to water safety and basic water skills for both parent and child. It is NOT a swim lesson and parents should adjust their expectations accordingly. The Water Exploration and Safety Class is meant to allow the child to explore the water in a supervised and fun environment with the guidance of the instructor and parent.
Preschool + Parent
Ages 3 – 5
The objective of our Preschool + Parent swim class is to help students feel comfortable in the water while mom or dad is at their side. Students will learn elementary water skills that they can build on as they progress through the various swim levels. We introduce the WaterSmart Rules that are encouraged by Sophie the Safety Seal — our very own mascot for the Jeff Ellis Swimming Program.
Ages 3 – 5
The purpose of this class is to help students feel comfortable in the water without the presence or mom or dad. Students continue to learn elementary water skills and safety tips that will stay with them throughout all swim lesson levels. Sophie the Safety Seal’s WaterSmart Rules are reinforced for increased aquatic safety.
Ages 5 – 7
The Beginner class builds on elementary water skills previously learned and teaches students the skills needed to complete a 25-yard swim for each of the following: Elementary Backstroke, Front Crawl, and Backstroke. All elementary water skills are reinforced so that they become second nature to students. All water safety rules are discussed as well.
Ages 6 – 8
The Advanced Beginner class teaches students how to master stroke development and requires them to complete 50-yard swims of Elementary Backstroke and basic Backstroke. Students are also asked to complete 25-yard swims of the Breaststroke and Front Crawl with rhythmical breathing. We introduce Scissor Kick and Sidestroke at this swim level too.
Ages 7 – 9
The Intermediate class strengthens students’ coordination of key strokes. They are asked to complete 50 yards of Front Crawl with rhythmically breathing, 75 yards of Backstroke, 50 yards of Breaststroke, 50 yards of Sidestroke, 75 yards of Elementary Backstroke, and 25 yards of Butterfly. We introduce the Sidestroke, Butterfly and the act of treading water at this level.
Ages 8 – 10
The Advanced class polishes strokes so students swim with more ease, power and smoothness over greater distances. At this level, swimmers should be able to complete 100 yards of Front Crawl with Rhythmical Breathing, 100 yards of Backstroke, 100 yards of Breaststroke, 100 yards of Sidestroke, 100 yards of Elementary Backstroke, 50 yards of Butterfly, and three minutes of treading water.
Adult Learn to Swim
It’s never too late to learn to swim! In this course, basic swimming and self-rescue skills are taught in an environment that is within your comfort zone. The class size is designed to be small so that every swimmer gets the attention needed to achieve swimming goals.
**In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our patrons, the pool will not be available for parties during the 2021 swim season. We hope to resume having pool parties next year.**
Booking a party
Pool parties may be booked by visiting the pool front desk or calling the pool at 412-787-5929.
A non-refundable deposit of at least $50 is required to secure your party date. Cash, check, and card payments are accepted in person during normal business hours.
Daytime pool parties include lunch provided for each child (pizza and drinks), plates, napkins, cups, silverware, a reserved table for 2 hours, and a party attendant. After the party ends you may stay to use the pool facilities. The base booking price provides for up to 12 children, with the option to add additional guests for $5 each.
Resident — $175.00
Non-Resident — $250.00
Additional guests — $5 per each guest after 12 guests
Enjoy an evening under the stars swimming with family and friends! Lifeguards will be on staff for your private pool party after the pool closes to the public for the day.
Prices listed below are for a party of 50 persons or less. Additional guests may be added at the rate of $1 per additional guest. Music can be provided by request on our sound system or you can bring your own DJ. Parties run from 7:15 to 8:45 p.m. You have the option of adding an extra half-hour or hour at an additional cost (as listed below). Out of consideration for staff, we ask that the party be cleaned up and all patrons exit the facility within 20 minutes after the ending time of the party.
|Base rate: $250
Extra half-hour: $40
Extra full hour: $120
|Base rate: $275
Extra half-hour: $55
Extra full hour: $175
There will be no community pool parties during the 2021 swim season.
- Children must be at least 17 years of age and a deep water swimmer to be at the pool without adult (18+) supervision.
- Please do not ask questions to lifeguards when they are in the pool chairs. This distracts them from watching the water. There are always lifeguards available in the first aid room and at the lifeguard table.
- Children must be 4 years of age or older to participate in solo swim lessons.
- During swim lessons and diving lessons, parents/guardians must remain behind the fence or in the concession area at all times.
- Please do not leave children unattended in the zero-depth entry zone/shallow end.
- All food and drinks must be consumed in the concession area. This will help eliminate bees and other insects in the pool area. However, water is permitted throughout the pool area.
- The pool will close when the weather is unstable. If at 1:00 p.m. the weather is still unstable, the pool will remain closed for the day.
- Signs will be posted when the pool is closed for the day and there will be a message on the pool’s answering machine at 412-787-5929.
- Lifeguards certified by the International Lifeguard Training Program (ILTP) including CPR and first aid training (learn more here)
- State of the art First Aid room/AED
- Heated water 78-80 degrees
- Main pool has a zero-depth entry sloping to 5′ depth, and diving well 6′ to 13′ depth
- Variety of food and drinks served at the concession stand
- Shade lounging areas – shade umbrellas throughout the swim deck area
- Grassy area and lounge chairs
- Locker room with changing area and showers
- Diving board and double water slide
- Interactive play structures in shallow end
- ADA-approved pool access