The Building and Planning Department guides property owners, developers and builders in land development and construction that meets the regulations, procedures and ordinances set down by the Township. The Building & Planning Department is located in the Township Municipal Complex on Church Hill Road.
This office should be your first stop when planning new construction or to secure a building permit for an addition or improvement to an existing residential or commercial structure.
The Township recently adopted a revised Zoning Ordinance and new Comprehensive Plan!
Use the following links to view and download the full documents:
Click here to review township ordinances on-line via e-Code.
You may also purchase a Zoning Ordinance Book at the Building & Planning Department for $50 plus $5 postage. A zoning map is available for $5 at the Building & Planning Department. Call 412-788-8117 for details.
Regulations & Procedural Guidelines
A Regulations & Procedural Guidelines for Subdivision and Land Development Stormwater Management and Public Improvement book is available from the Building & Planning Department for $30, plus $5 postage. Call 412-788-8117 for details.
Plans Examiners handles ALL building-related inspections. To schedule an inspection, please call (412) 787-1510.
Downloadable Building & Planning Forms
The downloadable forms listed below cover a wide range of information regarding building and/or planning applications and guidelines. All forms are in PDF format.
- Commercial building permit guidelines
- Commercial building permit application
- Residential building permit application guidelines
- Residential building permit application
Planning Commission & Zoning Hearing Board
- Planning Commission procedural guidelines
- Conditional use application – Planning Commission
- Rezoning application – Planning Commission
- Site plan approval application – Planning Commission
- Subdivision approval application – Planning Commission
- Zoning Hearing Board application
- Zoning permit application
- Above ground piping certificate
- Clean agent extinguishing system forms
- Fire alarm Record of Completion
- Fire alarm & sprinkler contractor registration application
- Fire alarm system permit application
- Standpipe above ground certificate
- Underground piping certificate
- Wet chemical extinguishing systems forms
Other permit applications
- Certificate of Occupancy application
- Demolition permit application
- Electrical permit application
- Low voltage permit application
- Mechanical permit application
- Pre-occupancy application
- Temporary Sign Permit Application