New resident? You must call Waste Management at 1-800-866-4460 to establish an account prior to having your trash and recycling picked up.
Waste Management is under contract to the Township of Robinson to collect refuse and recyclables. Please read the information below regarding materials that will or will not be collected or download all the information by clicking here (Adobe Reader required).
Refuse in Robinson Township is collected every Tuesday. In 2017, the collection schedule will be delayed one day to Wednesdays on the weeks following the Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, and Christmas holidays. For more information, please contact 1-800-866-4460.
There are some businesses and larger residential communities within Robinson Township who have other contracts with waste management companies that differ on pickup days and communal recycling containers. Check with your Property Management. State law requires all Robinson Township residents and businesses to recycle. The schedule for residential recycling collection is in the next column on this page.
For individual home owners, refuse and recycling containers can be placed at curbside after 6:00 p.m. on the day prior to collection and should be be removed by 6:00 p.m. the day of collection.
Package of 10 tags for $15. The program is specially designed for customers 65 or older who have small amounts of trash. To sign up for the tag program, customers must register at the Township Office AND call Waste Management customer service at 1-800-866-4460 to purchase the tags.
Here are some things to remember when setting your garbage at the curb:
- Carpet must be cut to four-foot lengths and bundles.
- Building materials/car parts are NOT accepted with regular trash pick-up.
- Freon needs to be removed – proof of removal must be attached (sticker and invoice).
- Paint must be dried (lids off).
- Cans/Trash bags should not exceed 60 pounds.
- Televisions will not longer be accepted.
In the general community, special recycling containers have been provided to each house, however they remain the property of the Township. The container is to be used only for recycling. Plastic bags or other receptacles are not acceptable and will not be picked up. If the container is lost, stolen, or damaged, you must purchase a new container from the Township.
Robinson residents can place all of their recyclables together in the same bin. No sorting required. Please take careful note what Waste Management will accept as recyclables in the curbside bins:
- Aluminum food and beverage containers with food or liquid debris removed. Labels do not need to be removed.
- Glass food and beverage containers with lids and food debris removed – clear, brown, green. Labels do NOT have the be removed.
- Natural and pigmented plastic narrow-neck containers with symbols 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 (milk bottles, water bottles, detergent bottles, shampoo bottles, bleach bottles, etc.). Food and beverage debris must be removed. Labels do not need to be removed. Lids must be attached to the bottle.
- Ferrous (iron, steel, tin) cans with food debris removed.
- Newsprint – black & white or pigmented. Not bound or placed in bags.
- Construction papers, Kraft paper, cereal boxes, shoe boxes, or similar. (No food boxes with food debris on them, i.e., pizza boxes, etc.)
- Printer paper, computer paper, copy paper.
- Junk mail.
- Magazines and catalogs.
- Corrugated cardboard MUST be flattened and cut, and can be no larger than 14 x 14 inches.
Materials NOT Accepted for Recycling
- Any material with food debris.
- Polystyrene foam, foam cups, dinnerware, packing foam or peanuts, etc., of any kind.
- Any item smaller than 2″ in diameter or larger than a five-gallon bucket.
- Mirrors, window or auto glass, porcelain, ceramics, glass cookware/bakeware, microwave oven trays, drinking glasses, perfume/cologne bottles.
- Household items such as toasters, cookware, bake ware, electronics, appliances, etc.
- VHS/cassette tapes and ribbon.
- Items containing or having debris and residue containing hazardous or toxic substances such as paint cans with wet paint, motor oil containers, gasoline cans, glue, petroleum products, etc.
- Hazardous or toxic substances.
- Political campaign signs.
- Unnumbered plastics.
- Batteries of any kind.
- Coat hangers, wire.
- Wood or yard waste.
- Wrapping ribbon.
- Rubber hoses.
- Holiday lights.
- Light bulbs.
All permitted items can be co-mingled in the appropriate recycling container without being separated (please note the exceptions above). Be sure all the items are secure in the recycling containers.
Service Notice: If a holiday falls on or before your service day in a particular week, service will be one day later. If the holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday there will be no change in service. For more information, please contact 1-800-866-4460.
It may be necessary to delay or cancel trash/recycling collection during inclement weather. Service delays, cancellation and updates will be communicated accordingly and available at www.wm.com.
As part of the residential solid waste and recycling contract with Waste Management, Robinson residents now have a convenient new opportunity to dispose of their household hazardous waste (HHW) safely, easily, and responsibly. Waste Management is introducing At Your Door Special Collection, a new residential service to provide year-round HHW collections for you.
How Does It Work?
- To participate, you must contact the Call Center at 1-800-449-7587 to set up a collection appointment.
The Call Center operators will guide you through the steps toward a safe and successful collection. You will be asked several questions, including your address and the type and amount of materials available for collection. You will be provided a convenient collection date and information about where to place the HHW kit for collection. A kit will be sent to your home in plenty of time for you to gather and pack your materials.
- Preparing for collection
The HHW kit includes a program instruction sheet and other items to help pack and secure household hazardous waste. All materials, such as gasoline, poisons, pesticides and aerosols, must be placed into the kit. Other items may be placed outside the kit.
- HHW materials is collected
On the scheduled date, the customer service technician will collect materials directly from your home. They will sort and pack the materials for proper transportation, recycling and disposal. Participants will receive a postage-paid survey card to complete and mail back to help track the program.
- You have more material than will fit into the kit?
Don’t worry. Remember, this service is available year-round for Robinson Township residents. Just schedule another collection! Small quantities may be combined with your neighbors. Waste Management’s Call Center (1-800-449-7587) will be happy to explain your options.
At Your Door Special Collection – How to Prepare Your Hazardous Household Waste for Collection
Examples of acceptable items that MUST be placed inside the container
|Oil-Based and Latex Paints||Metal Polish|
|Antifreeze||Used Motor Oil|
Items which may be placed OUTSIDE OF THE CONTAINER (Place no other waste outside the container)
|Automotive Batteries||Up to 4 batteries|
|Fluorescent Bulbs||Up to 5 bulbs|
|Televisions||One (1) each|
|Computer Monitors||One (1) each|
|Consumer Electronics with Circuit Boards||See instruction sheet for details|
|No console, lamps, appliances,exercise equipment, etc.|
Materials that WILL NOT be collected as part of the At Your Door Special Collection
- Any materials in unlabeled or leaking containers
If you have questions about proper disposal methods for non-acceptable items, commercial chemicals or hazardous materials in containers larger than five gallons, please contact the Call Center at 1-800-449-7587.