– Pool Manager –
Robinson Township, Allegheny County, is currently recruiting for the position of Pool Manager of the community Clever Park Pool. This is a seasonal position for the duration of the pool’s operating season (May through Labor Day). The Pool Manager reports to the Township management and provides supervision and oversight of Clever Park Pool’s day-to-day operations, including staff supervision and scheduling, handling of pool revenues, pool chemical testing and management, and other responsibilities as needed. A list of detailed duties can be found below.
Prior pool management experience and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) and state pesticide applicator certifications preferred. The successful candidate is expected to acquire and/or maintain their CPO and pesticide applicator certifications within one year to be considered for continued employment in subsequent pool seasons.
Applicants must complete Robinson Township’s online Employment Application. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Hours of Work
Approximately forty (40) per week through the 2018 Clever Park Pool season (Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend). Some additional hours necessary on Saturdays in May to manage pre-season pool prep and pre-sale of season passes.
Detailed Description of Duties
- Aid in staffing selections and application processes starting in March.
- Manage pre-season pool prep and pre-sale of season passes (Saturdays in May).
- Day to day operations of both the pool and concession stand, including but not limited to:
- Oversight of all Clever Park Pool staff members and first line of response for patron concerns/complaints.
- Chemical balancing/troubleshooting when needed for the pool.
- Food safety and prep/cleanliness in the concession stand.
- Sale and tracking of season passes (resident and non-resident).
- Sale and tracking of swim lesson enrollments for all levels and groups.
- Tracking of overall pool service sales on daily sales log sheets.
- Procurement of all supplies for both pool and concessions (paper products, chemicals and food choices).
- Handle all financial requirements with both the front desk and the concession stand, including maintaining/balancing the money drawers and making any necessary deposits on a daily basis.
- Coordinate the annual themed pool parties (June – Luau; July – Christmas in July; August – Glow Party)
- Scheduling duties:
- Scheduling of front desk and concession workers with the aid of shift supervisors.
- Scheduling of lifeguard coverage throughout the season.
- Scheduling of swim lesson times for all levels and groups (morning and evening).
- Scheduling and tracking of private pool party dates and times.
- Conduct drills, safety and cleaning days for lifeguards when needed.
- Create content for the pool section of community newsletter during the preseason.
- Miscellaneous customer service of all pool patrons as needed.