The Building and Planning Department guides property owners, developers and builders in land development and construction that meets the regulations, procedures and ordinances set down by the Township. The Building & Planning Department is located in the Township Municipal Complex on Church Hill Road.
This office should be your first stop when planning new construction or to secure a building permit for an addition or improvement to an existing residential or commercial structure.
The Township recently adopted a revised Zoning Ordinance and new Comprehensive Plan!
Use the following links to view and download the full documents:
Click here to review township ordinances on-line via e-Code.
NOTICE: As of July 2017, the newly revised Zoning Ordinance has been in effect. Please view it here until e-Code has updated their indexes.
You may also purchase a Zoning Ordinance Book at the Building & Planning Department for $50 plus $5 postage. A zoning map is available for $5 at the Building & Planning Department. Call 412-788-8117 for details.
Regulations & Procedural Guidelines
A Regulations & Procedural Guidelines for Subdivision and Land Development Stormwater Management and Public Improvement book is available from the Building & Planning Department for $30, plus $5 postage. Call 412-788-8117 for details.
Downloadable Building & Planning Forms
The downloadable forms listed below cover a wide range of information regarding building and/or planning applications and guidelines. All forms are in PDF format.
- Residential Building Permit Application Guidelines
- Residential Inspection Procedures
- Residential Building Permit Application
- Commercial Building Permit Application
- Commercial Building Guidelines
- Commercial Inspection Procedures
- Fire Alarm & Sprinkler Contractor Registration Application
- Required Inspections
- Temporary Sign Permit Application
- Zoning Permit Application
- Planning Commission Application for Site Plan Approval
- Planning Commission Application for Subdivision Approval
- Planning Commission Application for Rezoning
- Planning Commission Procedural Guidelines
- Application for Conditional Use
- Pre-Occupancy Application
- Certificate of Occupancy Application
- Zoning Hearing Board Application
- Swimming Pools Appendix
- Swimming Pool Permit Application
- Demolition Permit Application
- Electrical Permit Application
- Fire Alarm System Permit Application
- Fire Alarm Record of Completion
- Chapter 41 Swimming Pools
- Above Ground Certificate
- Underground Certificate
- Standpipe Above Ground Certificate
- Low Voltage Permit Application
- Mechanical Permit Application
- Clean Agent
- Wet Chemical Forms